Map showing Jamila Game Lodge
Directions to Jamila Game Lodge
From OR Tambo International Airport to the Welgevonden West Gate:
Take the N1 – Pretoria to Polokwane (Pietersburg). There are three tollgates to take into consideration: Pumulani, The Carousel and Kranskop.
At the Kranskop Plaza tollgate use the left gate on to the R33 to Modimolle (Nylstroom) which is 10.3km further. Go straight through Modimolle towards Vaalwater for 66.6km. Pass straight through Vaalwater. Do not turn off anywhere. After Vaalwater pass the garage, (Spar on left hand side), continue straight on the road towards Bulgerivier and Thabazimbi. If you have infants that are on formula, we suggest you buy filtered / purified water at the Spar for your convenience. Once you reach Vaalwater (Spar), please contact Jamila Lodge and we will dispatch the game truck to the West Gate. There will be no cellphone reception between Vaalwater and Jamila Game Lodge.
24.3km out of Vaalwater you will find the Welgevonden Main Gate on your left hand side coming from Vaalwater. Please DO NOT take the Welgevonden Main Gate entrance – keep on going for 23km further. On your left hand side you will see the road sign Schoongelegen turnoff. Turn left onto Schoongelegen dirt road. There is a road sign indicating the Welgevonden West Gate. Continue along this road for a further 16.3km past Manual Gate to the West Gate on your left hand side. Travelling time from the Vaalwater (Spar) to the Welgevonden West Gate is approximately 30-35 minutes.
You will be picked up by our Qualified Field Guide – Justinus at the West gate with our open game viewing vehicle. In the Welgevonden Game Reserve you will be on a scenic game drive for anything between 20 minutes to one hour depending on the game viewing. Your vehicle will stay parked at the West Gate behind elephant proof electric fences with 24 hours security for the duration of your stay at our Lodge.
From Brits to Welgevonden West Gate:
These directions will take you to the West Gate at Welgevonden Reserve
1. From Brits drive to Thabazimbi on the R511
2. Turn LEFT at the 2nd STOP on the R510 to Ellisras / Lephalale (The garage and a SPAR will be behind you)
3. After + - 30km turn RIGHT to Ellisras / Lephalale ( The sign boars reads Sentrum straight on & Lephalale RIGHT )
4. After + - 50km turn RIGHT at the T-junction towards Vaalwater (The signboard reads Lephalale R510 left & Vaalwater R517 right)
5. Please phone the Lodge so that we can dispatch the game truck to the West Gate.
6. After + - 8 km turn RIGHT onto the Schoongelegen dirt road. The Schoongelegen turn off is just after you have past the Police Station on your right hand side. After you have travelled 17km – you will reach the West Gate