About Jackal's Hill
Situated on a working farm only a few kilometers outside Fouriesburg and only a stone throw away from Clarens, Jackal’s Hill offers eco-friendly self catering accommodation for up to four guests.
Equipped with solar power (not suitable for hairdryers and other heating devices) and high pressure solar geyser, Jackal's Hill is surrounded by the veld, away from city life and offers amazing views of Visierskerf and the Maluti Mountains.
Self Catering Accommodation
Self-catering cottage sleeping a maximum of 4 persons. The beds are wide and comfortable with locally produced feather duvets and percale linen. Our rates include a basket of seasonal farm produce for you to enjoy during your stay.
At Jackal’s Hill we are concerned about nature and the environment, so we have made our accommodation as eco-friendly as possible, but with some of the small luxuries one enjoys in life. Electricity is powered by the sun and so is the hot water. Therefore, it is essential not to waste. Should there be days without sun, we are equipped with a back-up generator to make sure you have lights and hot water. But this is only used in emergencies.
The solar system provides enough power for the lights and the fridge. You can also charge cell phones, camera batteries and laptops / tablets. Unfortunately the system is not suitable for heaters and hair-dryers.
As much as we love animals, unfortunately we cannot accept pets and sadly, our accommodation is not suitable for wheelchairs.
• Cycling / mountain biking - we offer a mountain bike trail on the farm
• Fishing - whether you are a novice or an experienced fisherman, our sister company Clarens Fishing, will make sure you enjoy your time out on the water
• Hiking - we offer hiking on the farm and in the surroundings. Our trails are marked and all start next to the cottage. There are designated picnic spots where you can also enjoy a sundowner
• Swimming - swim in our lovely natural rock pool in summer. Ask us for directions from the cottage. Easy access on foot or by vehicle
• Rock climbing - our koppie lends itself to proper rock climbing. We have a couple of marked routes for you to enjoy