About Idwala Lodge 7
Idwala Lodge 7 is a three bedroom holiday home located in the unspoilt seaside village of Zinkwazi on the east coast of KwaZulu Natal. Here the warm Indian Ocean washes pristine beaches fringed with indigenous bush.
Tucked into a bay at the main swimming beach lies the placid Zinkwazi River lagoon - home of the Fish Eagle from which it derives its name. The river is a source of enjoyment for all ages - swimming, canoeing birding and fishing. In holiday season the local Ski Boat club on the beach is a popular social venue.
Self Catering Accommodation
Idwala Lodge 7 has three upstairs carpeted bedrooms with balconies and two bathrooms with both shower and bath. Two of the bedrooms have double beds and one has two three-quarter beds.
Downstairs is a large open plan living area and modern well equipped kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, washing machine). The living area opens onto a veranda with built-in braai /barbecue facilities. An enclosed courtyard off the kitchen has a hot and cold shower. A small guest cloakroom is tucked away under the staircase.
• A PVR decoder is provided for DStv programmes. Please bring you own Smart card
• The area has ADSL coverage
• There is a carport plus two additional parking spaces
• The six sleeper Lodge is serviced daily
• Housekeeper available
• Outdoor swimming pool (shared)
• Shared tennis court
On the estate you will find a club house, tennis court, 25 meter swimming pool, children’s pool and play area.
Attractions and Activities
• Golfing - Darnall Country Club is 5km away and Princes Grant about 20 minutes drive from Zinkwazi
Restaurants - in Zinkwazi village we have the Raffia Restaurant at Lagoon Lodge and the Ocean Reef Hotel restaurant.
• The Darnall tennis and bowling club encourage visitors on a Wednesday and Saturday. This sports club is well known for its friendly atmosphere. The adjacent Darnall Club is where locals and visitors meet in the warm atmosphere of the ladies bar and Roy’s restaurant (Millers Arms) is known as the best ‘value for money’ in the area.
• For a change from the beach we encourage you to drive to nearby Harold Johnson Game Reserve, 15 km away. Walking trails lead through magnificent indigenous bush where a great variety of birds can be seen as well as the occasional impala, common duiker, red and blue duiker.
• For shopping we recommend Ballito; Lifestyle Centre at the first circle has a great variety of popular shops and restaurants for your convenience to meet all your needs. In Zinkwazi there is a local convenience store situated five minutes away for everyday essentials.