Houtbosdorp is a small holding located on a hill and boasting beautiful mountain surroundings and magnificent bird life. Houtbosdorp is just 1km from the Crocodile River.
There are nine wooden houses that can sleep 26 guests at a time.
Each wooden house is fully equipped with bedding, towels, a fan in summer and oil heater in winter, fridge, TV (no DSTV) and its own braai area.
There is an abultion block, bush showers with a gas geyser as well as outside toilets.
• Karee – sleeps three guests
• Olienhout – sleeps three guests
• Haak en Steek – sleeps four people
• Apiesdoring – sleeps four guests
• Berghuisie – sleeps two guests
• Blinkbaar – sleeps two guests
• Jakaranda – sleeps two guests
• Kiepersol – sleeps two guests
• Olyfboom – sleeps four guests
We have two bomas and a splash pool. There is also a braai area for the houses. The entire lodge is available on a self catering basis.
Please note that the last 3 km of the road leading to Houtbosdorp is a gravel road which is not suitable for vehicles with a low clearance.
Houtbodorp is surrounded by the majestic mountain range, and is very polular for water sport, river rafting, hiking and hot air ballooning during sunrise.