About Hoogwater Cottage
Hoogwater Cottage is only a 110 km from Cape Town. Nestled under the majestic Witzenberg Mountains, the self-catering cottage is situated within easy reach of Tulbagh, Wolseley and Ceres along the Route 62. The cottage is situated on a working fruit farm, a haven of peace and tranquility. Get away from it all and experience life in the country. Hoogwater Cottage offers luxury accommodation, fully equipped, with all you need for an unforgettable stay.
Self Catering Accommodation
• One Double bed and one double sleeper couch self-catering cottage with bed linen and en-suite bathroom (shower, washbasin and toilet)
• Bath towels (please bring own swimming towels)
• Indoor fireplace with basket of wood
• Fully equipped kitchen with crockery, cutlery, utensils, electric frying pan, microwave and convection oven, fridge / freezer
• Patio with braai area
• Private plunge pool / wood fired hot tub
• Braai grid (starter pack of firelighters and matches)
• Rubbish bags
• No TV's or radio's, just the peaceful sounds of the birds or the breeze in the orchards.
• Salt, pepper, coffee beans for fresh moerkoffie, sugar, English and Rooibos tea, milk, juice are provided. The water in the taps is from borehole and perfectly safe and good to drink. Extra wood is available at an additional charge per crate.
Things to do
Pick Fresh Fruit:
When your stay coincides with our harvesting of fruit you are more than welcome to pick some during your stay. The golden rule is to only pick what you can eat.
Explore The Farm:
Don’t forget to bring along your birding book and binoculars, we have plenty of birds in the garden and around the farm to take in. Take a bike ride, go for a walk or run through our tranquil farm. It's just short stroll through the orchards to the river - so bring your fishing rod. What fish can you catch in our river? Bass, Barber and Karp. For those without water wings there is a golf course, hiking and 4x4 trails nearby.
We have a boutique wine cellar on the farm, Ladera Artisan Wines and wine tasting is available on appointment. Words from the winemaker, Charles Ochse 'the wines I create at Ladera Artisan Wines are made from a place of passion. I do not consider this work, but rather the place where my creative side can focus and be expressed. I take great care to ensure purity of fruit, balance and poise in my wines. Here I am able to make wines to the best of my ability, not restricted by time, volume or production method. These are wines which I enjoy to drink as much as I enjoy to make, and I look forward to introducing them to you'.
Just sit back and enjoy the peace and quiet that farm life has to offer. Pack a good book, watch the evening stars and unwind. This is the perfect spot to recharge and just get away from it all.