Welcome to Hebron Guesthouse on SA-Venues.com, offering accommodation in Citrusdal, Cederberg.
With a rimflow swimming pool overlooking the valley below, abundant bird life and unprecedented views of the Snueeberg mountain range - often covered in snow during winter - Hebron is the perfect antidote to one’s stressful, modern lifestyle.
Bed & Breakfast
Hebron has six rooms; each is beautifully decorated with antiques collected by Jenny, our mother-in-law. Three of the rooms (including our self-catering suite) overlook the Sneeuberg Mountain and Citrusdal valley, where sitting on the veranda and taking in the view is compulsory! The other three rooms share a secluded courtyard, under the shade of fig trees. Room six is detached from the main building and features a free-standing Victorian bath in the room. This room is extremely popular for honeymoon nights (we offer a ‘honeymoon’ service in addition to the room rate - this includes locally grown roses, champagne, candles & chocolates).
2010 will see the opening of our first fully self-catering bungalow, built on ecologically-sound principles and techniques, set in the citrus orchard with views over the Piekenierskloof Mountains.
Breakfast and Dining
Guesthouse breakfasts include freshly-pressed juices, homemade sausages, farm eggs and proper coffee. Featured in the Greenwood Guide’s ‘Side Dishes’ of the West Coast, the restaurant is open to the public Tuesday - Saturday, 9am to 5pm and also caters to guests and locals should they require Sunday lunches or dinners. We make our own bread, sausages, smoked chorizo and salamis and use our own fruit, vegetables and herbs as much as we can. We turn all farm surplus into jams, chutneys and preserves to sell in our farm stall.
Coming soon to Hebron
WINE TASTING & SALES
Championing only wines of the West Coast and Cederberg regions, tutored tasting by arrangement.
NOAH’S PARK CHILDREN’S PLAYGROUND
In the shade of 3 large macadamia nut trees, it will feature a large wooden ark/playframe in a large sandpit, trampoline, interactive water and educational activities, 2-by-2 animals built out of recycled goods (geyser horses, etc!), orange picking in season.
RAINBOW ROOM TEA GARDEN
Overlooking the children’s play area, Ideal for kids parties
Attractions and Activities
• Sandveldhuisie - museum, antiques, history, also light meals
• The Baths - well known hot springs 15km
• Mountain bikes, Wolfkop
• Horse-riding at Excelsior, Piket-bo-Berg,
• Wine tasting: Tierhoek, Johan van Zyl, Cederberg
• Quad farm, 4x4 trails
• Citrus pack house tours, by arrangement at Goede Hoop, Mar-Oct
• Golf Course on the Olifants River
• Observatory at Dwarsrivier - 80km
• Mountain walks, including original old Bain’s pass
• Handmade glassware factory, Piekenierskloof
Sights & Places of interest
• Verlorenvlei - flamingoes, pelicans, bird watching & fishing, Tin Kitchen for eats
• Eland’s Bay, for surfing, crayfish diving & Lambert’s Bay for Gannet colony, Muisbosskerm for
outdoor seafood - 110 km
• Rooibos / Red bush tea farms, from Citrusdal to Graafwater
• Clanwilliam Dam - 55km - watersports, fishing
• Cederberg Wilderness - Maltese Cross, Stadsaal cave, Wolfberg Cracks & Arch, hikes, 65km
• Algeria Forest Station - 47km - and rock pools
• Rock art - Sevilla Trail, 86km away at Traveller’s Rest Farm
• Wupperthal Mission Station, handmade shoes, Rooibos products, 120km
• Spring Wild Flowers - from Langebaan to Springbok
• Groot Winterhoek Nature Reserve, above Porterville
Other Places to Eat in Citrusdal
Various places in town, 7km from Hebron:
• Die Sitrus Grill / Olifantsrus
• The Grapevine Coffee Shop
• Poppie se Plaaskombuis - traditional local fare, Sundays only
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)