About Greenlands B&B
Greenlands B&B is graded as Highly Recommended by the AA, was a semi-finalist for nine consecutive years and a finalist in the Accommodation Awards 2010 / 2012.
Each of the five air-conditioned, comfortable, well equipped, tastefully furnished, air-conditioned en suite rooms has its own outside entrance. Some rooms have showers only, while others have baths as well. One wheelchair friendly room is available with a roll-in shower.
Rooms are equipped with fridge, heater, fan, safe, TV with DSTV (hospitality bouquet), kettle and a complimentary tea / coffee tray. Hairdryers are available on request. All rooms are non-smoking and pet-free.
• WiFi is available through out at a reasonable price per night - one connection per room is free.
• Each room has a desk for our corporate guests
• All credit cards accepted
• All rooms are non-smoking but a well lit gazebo is provided where smokers may relax and have their meals if they would like to
• A laundry service is provided during the week and an iron and board is available on request
• A large parking area is available behind an automated gate.
• A swimming pool is situated close to the paved braai area and lawn (towels available on request)
Breakfast & Dining
A full English, continental or health breakfast is served each morning with packed breakfasts or lunches for early departures. Dinner, special meals and those with dietary requirements are also catered for by prior arrangement (12 noon is the cut-off for dinner orders). Dinner served promptly at 7pm (closed at 8pm). Breakfast 7 - 9am during the week and 8 - 9.30am on weekends and public holidays.
We are situated close to an variety of restaurants and also to a Super Spar that offers fabulous, wholesome takeaway meals. These can be warmed up in a microwave on our veranda. There is also a braai area where guests may cook up a storm!
Our biggest asset is our location, we are really convenient to most everything! Situated in one of the older up-market suburbs, Greenlands overlooks the city of Pietermaritzburg. Convenient to the city centre and the N3 freeway, The Royal Show Grounds and Redlands, Liberty Midlands Mall, Victoria Road, Cascades Centre, and Victoria Country Club Estate. Most restaurants, schools and hospitals are an easy drive from us. 8km from PMB Airport and the University.
We offer airport transfers and are able to organize taxis to and from appointments and sightseeing trips.
Annual events hosted in the city of Pietermaritzburg:
• Bike City events – including international cycling and mountain biking
• Midmar Mile
• Dusi Canoe Marathon
• Comrades Marathon
• The Royal Show
• The Garden Show
• Amashovashova cycle race
• Capital Climb
• Hilton Arts Festival
• Art in the Park
• IPT – Hockey
• National Swimming events
We opened 17 years ago and were one of the first B&Bs in Pietermaritzburg. We pride ourselves on the number of guests who return and the many friends that we have made who feel as though this is home while they are away on business. Many of them have commented on how quiet it is here and how well they have slept!