About Gap Lodge
Welcome to Cape Town and Gap Lodge, nestled on the slopes of Table Mountain.
Gap Lodge is situated in Tamboerskloof, halfway between the Mother City (as Cape Town has become known) and the majestic Table Mountain. Within easy walking distance of trendy and vibrant Kloof and Long Streets, with their many shops, restaurants, internet café’s and cinema’s. An easy 15 minute walk will take you to the city centre. Across the road from Gap Lodge you will find a small convenience store with an ATM facility and a liquor license.
Gap Lodge offers you three comfortable en-suite bedrooms. Each individually decorated, with an en-suite shower and toilet, dual air-conditioning (heating and cooling), digital safe, TV with M-net and a hairdryer. All bed linen used is 100% pure percale cotton. We use top quality mattresses and pillows so that you can be assured of a good night’s rest! Tea and coffee (and a glass of sherry) is available in the lounge area. You are welcome to check your emails or pick up literature in the tourism office downstairs.
Enjoy your breakfast with freshly brewed coffee on the terrace, while watching the squirrels frolicking in the trees. You are surrounded by magnificent leafy trees and can hardly believe that you are in a big city. Our 2 Siamese cats, Toulousse and Shira will make you feel right at home.
Owners Le Roi and Linda assure you of a warm personal welcome and typical South African hospitality. Le Roi is a registered tour guide and will gladly assist you in planning your trips in and around Cape Town and up the beautiful Garden Route - either on a customized tour, group tour or self drive.
Transfers from and to Cape Town International Airport can be arranged.
Attractions and Activities
So much to do - so little time!
• Take the Cable Car up Table Mountain (5 mins)
• Take a trip to Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point (45 mins)
• Visit the penguins at the Boulders (30 mins)
• Explore the Winelands (1 hour)
• Take the ferry to Robben Island
• Browse at Greenmarket Square (5 mins)
• Shark cage diving (2 hours)
• Walk up Lion’s Head (5 mins)
• Go on a safari and see Africa’s Big 5 (lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant & rhino) (2 hours drive from Cape Town
• Visit Kirstenbosch National Botanical gardens (20 mins)
• Explore the Bo-Kaap Malay quarter (5mins)
• Do some whale watching in Hermanus (1hour 30 mins)(July – Nov)
We look forward to welcoming you in “the fairest Cape in all the circumference of the earth” - Sir Francis Drake.