About Fountains Self Catering B&B
Fountains, which has a highly recommended rating, is a self catering B&B destination for the discerning traveller looking for classy comfort, cleanliness and care. We are ideally centrally situated, with close access to the N3, shopping malls like Cascades Centre, Mountain Bike Park & Trails, Liberty Mall, Royal Show Grounds, Pietermaritzburg CBD, schools, hospitals and Victoria Office Park. Our locations is ideal for business travellers, leisure and sports enthusiasts for both short and long terms stays.
Come and rest a while in our beautiful Victorian capital city and enjoy the green, northern suburb of Montrose, along with personal service and hospitality as it should be.
Accommodation (sleeps 10)
We offer three self catering cottages: Country Cottage, Cadberry Cottage, Cosy Cottage - and 2 comfortable bed and breakfast, semi self catering Garden Suites.
Country Cottage (sleeps 3):
You’re invited to relax and feel at home in this spacious executive cottage with country atmosphere. Lounge, dining area and kitchen are fully equipped for all your needs. The en-suite bedroom has a comfy King bed (which can be converted into two singles) and in the living area a third single bed. A private patio and garden adds to your comfort.
Cadberry Cottage (sleeps 3):
The modern contemporary style draws you to enjoy the luxury and charming atmosphere. The lounge, dining area and modern granite and stainless steel kitchen, are fully equipped with home comforts. In the en-suite bedroom the luxury queen bed is inviting with an extra single bed in the living area.
Cosy Cottage (sleeps 2):
It has a self catering dining / kitchenette area with table and chairs and a separate bedroom with a large king bed (which can be converted to two singles) and an en-suite shower. It has cosy, comfy décor.
The Garden Suite (sleeps 2):
Newly renovated, the living area has a couch, dining table and chairs, with granite kitchen counter. The spacious bedroom has a comfy King bed you won’t want to leave and a separate bathroom.
Serenity Suite (sleeps 2):
Newly renovated, the lounging area and big comfy chairs invite you to relax, watch TV or enjoy a meal. The big King bed (which can be converted to two singles) calls you to enjoy a quiet nights rest. There is an en-suite bathroom. The private, surrounding garden makes for the ideal quiet, calming experience.
• Undercover parking
• Lock Up facility for Sports Gear
• Tastefully decorated and newly furnished units
• Large comfy chairs on private patios where guests can enjoy the garden views, sunsets and the birdlife
• Kitchens are fully equipped with a mini stove (except Garden Cottage), fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, iron, cutlery and crockery
• DStv, wireless internet, air-con, fans, heater, electronic safe in room, alarm and hairdryer
• Phone charges available
• Hospitality trays with teas, coffees, plunger coffee, homemade rusks and eats
• Laundry facility offered
• Original artworks decorate the rooms with individual décor
We offer a delicious breakfast menu cooked and served by the hosts. Continental breakfasts can be served in the cottages, while the health or English breakfasts will be served in the dining room. Dinner can be served on request.
We offer meals for guests with special dietary requirements such as vegetarian, low GI, carbo loading for sports groups, gluten free, diabetic diets and banting meals.
• Cascades Shopping Centre, Liberty Midlands Mall with banks, restaurants, boutiques, The Cascades mountain bike course for the World Downhill Champs, Royal Show Grounds, Greys Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Park, Victoria Country Club and offices, City Hall for the start of the Comrades Marathon, start of the Duzi Canoe Marathon
• Private schools: Cordwalles, The Wykeham Collegiate and St Charles. Maritzburg College and Girls High School all close by. The university is a mere 10 minutes away
• Durban with tourist beaches and the Drakensberg resorts are only an hour away