Welcome to Forest Valley Cottages on SA-Venues.com, offering accommodation in Knysna, Garden Route.
Self Catering Accommodation
The tree-top units, Wild Iris, Glory Dawn and Sandstone are all stylishly and individually furnished with a natural contemporary feel. Each have a plush Queen-size bed with quality linens; a Jacuzzi / spa bath opens to the gorgeous views, an Amphitheater of deep forest valleys and the mountains surrounding Knysna. Sip champagne, light some candles and enjoy the bath goodies offered, a deck high up with a webber BBQ and hammock, completes the relaxed enjoyment.
Earth Rose is our larger honeymooner, has a big Jacuzzi / tub comfortable for x2 and perhaps a little one, enclosed on the deck, sleeps for 2 or 4. There are 2 bedrooms, a shower, well-equipped open-plan kitchen complete with microwave, mini stove, fridge etc.
Lavender Edge is another two bedroom unit and has a bath with a view, of deep Forest Valleys and the mountains surrounding Knysna, a big deck, hammock, Webber, breakfast table / seating area and a private outside shower, where the views are super, as well as a shower inside.
All cottages have a wood-burning fireplaces, for cozy wintry nights, DSTV and CD. All units have BBQ / braai’s or Webbers on the deck high up, from where you can enjoy your partner and the forest, night animal calls, soaking in the sweeping views and crisp clean air. All the decks are very private and are equipped with a table and chairs.
There is a plunge pool, which overlooks the magnificent views, for the use of all the guests. It's like a big Jacuzzi with aim flow jets and seating all around. Open braai areas at the pool. And for the more active there is a forest trail from the cottages to the bottom of the valley.
When you book in you will find, arrival tea+coffee / small chocolates / bath goodies / candles / some toilet stuff / firewood + charcoal with firelighters on the deck that you can buy/daily housekeeping service/some Dstv / DVD / music system.
Professional housekeepers will enter around / from 10h30 or so, tidy beds, wash dishes, clean Webbers / fireplaces and freshen up - compliments of Forest Valley.
Forest Valley Cottages has a tourist info board, in the office, with pamphlets to take and many things to do in the area, tree-top canopy tours, Elephant Park, Bungy jumping, ferry and yacht cruises on the lagoon, game park visits, horse riding, visit gold mines of the 1800 close-by…are but a few?
• Start your day in a languid fashion, lazing on the deck chairs or enjoying breakfast, which you can order from Forest Valley Cottages, on the sunny decks, drinking in the awesome views that stretch on forever in front of you. The valley is ever-changing in its moods, thus close-by Phantom Pass, a Khoi bushman word for the changing sites.
• Enjoy a forest hike from your cottage, down into the valley (about 1.5hrs) or do the many hikes in the state forest 7k's away. World class MTB tracks and area.
go to the pristine Buffalo Bay swimming beaches for safe swimming…15mins away, by car!
• Forest Valley is also en-route to the state forest, with many rambles, picnic spots and even the old goldmines can be explored. Tea and cake can be enjoyed at the quaint Mother Holly Tearoom in the forest
• Enjoy a horse riding outride, which can be arranged nearby
• Beautiful swimming beaches, rivers and lagoon nearby for fishing and canoeing
• Mashie golf course nearby
• Visit the country restaurants around or take your pick from the many in Knysna town. Saturday morning Harvest-time Market in Sedgefield, should definitely not be missed
• Massages and pamper treatments can be booked from Forest Valley Cottages
Then return to your secluded cocoon of comfort, light a fire, open a bottle of good red wine and gaze at the stars and listen to the night sounds.
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)