About Fish Eagle Lodge
Well positioned with unique views of the Knysna Lagoon and mountains the Fish Eagle Lodge nestles against a ridge in a secluded country setting close to the Knysna town. It is the perfect base to explore the surrounding indigenous forests, trails, lakes and magnificent beaches from Wilderness to Tsitsikamma National Park or enjoy the option of playing five golf courses within a 45 minute radius.
In our garden there is a secluded swimming pool with sweeping views. Enjoy a refreshing swim before sampling one of Knysna's excellent restaurants or just sit back and relax while birdwatching. The Lodge and its surrounding vegetation are ideal for birdwatching which include the famous Knysna Loerie. One night is much too short to explore this beautiful area. We are central to Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn and Plettenberg Bay which can be visited as day trips from Knysna.
The Fish Eagle Lodge is a family owned and managed business which prides itself on personal service and guest care. Extensive tourist information is provided to guests upon their arrival. Comfortable accommodation is offered and a generous breakfast is served in the breakfast lounge overlooking the Lagoon.
All our rooms are individually decorated and have a private entrance, full bathroom with a bath and shower, room safe, in-house telephone, TV, fridge and tea tray. Each room has a balcony or patio and beautiful lagoon or garden views. The bedrooms are spacious and comfortable and the suites include a lounge area. The double storey self-catering apartments are equipped to prepare light meals and offer open fire places and private BBQ facilities. A same-day laundry service is offered. The honeymoon rooms have a jacuzzi bath or fireplace. Ideal for honeymooners!
Knysna is one of the Garden Routes best known destinations and has been voted South Africa's favourite town of the year a few times already. Knysna has also been named as one of the top 100 destinations in the world. This areas warm, temperate climate makes it the perfect all-year-round destination and its mild winter is often refered to as the “secret season”. Knysna is a natural paradise. Knysna has it all!
• Explore the surrounding forests, lakes and beaches.
• Play a game of golf.
• Arts and craft markets.
• Shop at the Woodmill Lane, Knysna Mall or the beautiful Knysna Quays Waterfront.
• Knysna is famous for its Oysters.
• Spend a day at the Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve and Natures Valley.
• Enjoy a sunset cruise or catamaran yacht trip on the Knysna Lagoon.
• Visit the Featherbed Nature Reserve which offers pristine fynbos, coastal forests, magnificent views and ancient Khoi-Khoi caves.
• Make friends with the Knysna Sea Horse.
• Whale watch in Plettenberg Bay.
• Feed an elephant.
• Experience monkeys and birds.
• Visit the wildcat sanctuary.
• Take a step back in time and enjoy a trip on the Outeniqua Choo-tjoe steam train from George to Mossel Bay.
The Fish Eagle Team looks forward to welcoming you to our lodge.