About Die Ou Huis
Die Ou Huis (The Old House) is a historical farmhouse from the 18th century, which has been lovingly renovated on the fruit farm Wilde Paarde Kloof. It is situated 3.7km north of Ashton at the foot of the Langeberg Mountain, only 180km away from Cape Town and 250km from George. It is surrounded by spectacular views within a peaceful country environment.
Self Catering Accommodation
Die Ou Huis is fully equipped for self-catering and accommodates eight people.
The rooms are as follows:
• One en-suite bedroom with a queen and single bed, air conditioning, hairdryer and a romantic old-fashioned bathroom.
• One en-suite bedroom with a double and single bed, air conditioning, hairdryer and a elegant bathroom with a spacious shower
• We supply bedding and towels for indoor use
• The lounge has two twin divans that can be combined for a couple, heater, fan, DSTV and DVD.
• The farmhouse kitchen is fully equipped with a cook-in fireplace, stove, microwave, fridge-freezer, coffee, tea, milk, sugar and rusks. You may bring coffee for a percolator
• Traditional outdoor braai facility
We supply one 20 litre container with wood for the fireplaces. Wi-fi is available in and around the office at the main premises. Die Ou Huis is also equipped with a washing machine.
• Off road trails for your quad bikes or mountain bicycles
• Book a tractor trip and potjie, a beekeeping or a taste of harvest experience with Farmer Redbeard
• Bird watching and game spotting.
• Swimming in a farm dam
• Picking of apricots, peaches, grapes and figs in season
Activities at surrounding sites:
• Wine tasting
• Riverboat cruises
• Horse riding
• Cactus garden
• Birds park
• River rafting
• Rock climbing
• Hiking trails