About Chameleon Lodge
Comfortably nestled in the peaceful avenues of the Strand and within easy walking distance of the Strand's white beaches, this 111 year old Victorian home offers excellent self-catering facilities and bed & breakfast accommodation.
Chameleon Lodge is a popular choice for tourists looking for the flexibility of self-catering accommodation as it is only a 20 minute drive to Cape Town International Airport, 30 minutes from the hustle and bustle of central Cape Town, 15 minutes from historic Stellenbosch and its famous wine route and 45 minutes to Hermanus (for whale watching). It is a golfer's paradise with more than 25 golf courses within easy striking distance not to mention a host of other sporting activites.
Chameleon Lodge has been licensed and approved by the Helderberg Tourism Bureau and currently holds a three star grading with the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa. Chameleon is affiliated to the RCI Time Share organisation.
Self Catering Accommodation
Chameleon Lodge boasts two luxury units, both with secure off-street parking and one unit (semi-self catering) which is suitable for business people or single friends. The main units include satellite TV, direct dial telephone and separate internet jacks, fans (and or air conditioner) and heaters, hot water bottles, hair driers, safes, fully equipped kitchens and barbecue facilities with private outdoor entertainment areas.
On site guests can also enjoy the salt water swimming pool and the well equipped honesty bar. There is a fully equipped office and access to the internet.
All linen is supplied (apart from beach towels) and the units are lightly serviced on a daily basis (except week-ends and public holidays). There is a laundry facility on the premises and the use of a freezer is available if required.
Bordering on the salt-water plunge pool, Chameleon Cottage has its own secluded barbecue and entertainment area. It has two bedrooms and sleeps 2 adults and 2 children in a bunk bed in the second room. The main bedroom can be made up with two single beds or one luxurious king size bed, depending on client preference.
The Zebra Room is ideal for single or business people with its two single beds, kitchenette (light self catering), private balcony and bathroom.
The luxurious air conditioned Loft suite offers an open plan living area with en-suite bath and shower facilities. The single bed size sofa can be made up to accommodate a child or teenager. The large adjoining sun deck is the perfect setting for intimate breakfasts and romantic sunsets (shared with a tipple of excellent Cape wine).
A substantial “continental style” breakfast is available at an additional cost with 24 hours notice. This is delivered to the units.
Attractions and Activities
• Chameleon Lodge is 1km from the beach (as the crow flies!)
• Beauty salons nearby and hair dresser next doo
• Cycling trails close by
• The Grand West Casino is about 25 minutes away
• Local entertainment available at Spier and Somerset West Play House Theatre
• Fishing in False Bay
• There are 4 excellent golf courses close by including Erinvale which hosted the world cup tournament some years back
• Virgin Active health club is close by and vouchers are sold through our office at Chameleon Lodge if required
• There are many hiking trails in and around the Helderberg
• We are within 5 minutes drive of the Somerset Mall and its wide choice of shops.
• Various local tours are available
• If you are a qualified Scuba Diver our "in-house" Dive Master will happily arrange and lead your dives
• The Wine route is nearby