Located on the outskirts of Barberton in Mpumalanga, Bushwhacked is ideally situated just an hours drive from the Kruger National Park and is less than an hour from Nelspruit. Mozambique is only 90 minutes drive with Maputo and the coast only 2.5 hours away.
Self Catering Accommodation
Bushwhacked is a self-catering home and focuses on accommodating wildlife orientated people, especially guides and Lodge staff as a place to recuperate on their time off. Bushwhacked is situated on the edge of town backing onto an uninhabited valley and boasts spectacular views.
We have four double rooms, a communal kitchen, dining room and lounge. The rooms each have a name, so once you know Bushwhacked you can request the room that you prefer.
This room is adjacent to the stoop and can sleep three guests. This room with the best views!
The Hammerkop's Nest:
Sleeping two, this is a spacious room furnished with a double bed.
The Lion's Den:
A large room with a single and a double bed, with space to put another single bed.
The Cloud Room:
This is the smallest room and the only room with an en-suite bathroom. It is furnished with a double bed and sleeps two people,
• Gold was discovered in Barberton in 1884 and to this day there are still fvie working gold mines in the area!
• Go on some of lovely walks from Bushwhacked, into the mountains and valleys behind us
• Drive the scenic geotrail drive to the Swaziland border
• Microlight above the local reserves
• Visit the Barberton Museum and some of the old gold miners houses that have been restored to original condition, with original furniture