Map showing Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve
Directions to Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve
From Cape Town
1. Depart Cape Town via the N1.
2. Before Century City / Ratanga Junction, take the N7 off-ramp towards Malmesbury.
3. Continue past Malmesbury, towards Moorreesburg, Piketburg and Citrusdal to enter the Olifants River Valley (route takes approximately 2 hours). We recommend that you stop at Kardoesie (Farm Style Restaurant) for a light lunch just outside of Citrusdal on your right hand side.
4. Pass the Clanwilliam Dam (located on the right hand side of the road) and turn right onto the R364 to Lamberts Bay / Clanwilliam.
5. At the T-Junction, turn right to Clanwilliam.
6. When entering the town, a petrol station is located on the left hand side of road. NB: Fill up if petrol is required and please call the lodge as there is no mobile reception after this point. This will enable the lodge to anticipate your time of arrival.
7. From Clanwilliam to the lodge gate is approximately 40km. Continue straight on the R364 towards Wupperthal and Calvinia and cross a bridge – follow this tarred road for approximately 25km, past ‘Louis Leipoldt’s Grave’ and over the Pakhuis Pass.
8. Cross a low bridge over the Brandewyns River.
9. Continue past a sign on the left hand side to ‘Traveller’s Rest’.
10. After travelling for 800m, the Bushmans Kloof gate will be on your right hand side.
11. Turn right at the Bushmans Kloof gate (recommended speed in the reserve - 40km per hour).
12. Continue straight, crossing a small bridge below the dam wall and follow the signs to the lodge.
13. Continue towards the lodge and on arrival please park your car next to the big Blue Gum trees and the building marked ‘Reception’.