About Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve
‘Escape to an enchanting wilderness wellness retreat...’
This Relais & Châteaux lodge, voted Best Hotel in the World 2009 (Travel + Leisure), is a wilderness sanctuary of timeless beauty, holistic healing, wellness, rich heritage and conservation. Discover ancient San rock art, abundant flora and fauna, warm hospitality, stunning accommodation and extraordinary dining, complemented by delectable organic cuisine.
16 Exquisite rooms and suites can accommodate 32 guests (7 Luxury Rooms, 7 Deluxe Rooms, 1 Suite and 1 Supreme Suite) which all feature:
• Air conditioning, ceiling fans and under-floor heating
• Satellite TV, DVD player, CD player, iPod docking stations in Suites and Deluxe rooms
• In-room safe and mini bar
• Direct dial telephone
• Complimentary WIFI throughout the lodge
• Complimentary laundry service in Suites
Koro Lodge is your own private villa, a few minutes from the main lodge, in the heart of the reserve. Offering the ultimate wilderness adventure groups of friends and families travelling together. Koro sleeps up to 10, children of all ages welcome.
• 2 Master bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms (one with outdoor shower)
• Loft area to accommodate 4 children
• Entertainment lounge with en-suite bathroom (can sleep 2 people)
• Personal host, chef and guide
• Kitchen, bar, dining area and living room with fireplace
• All meals and a selection of beverages included
• Pool and outdoor BBQ area
• Telephones and complimentary WIFI access
• Dual-view satellite TV
• Air conditioning, under-floor heating and ceiling fans
• Housekeeping and laundry service included
• Spa treatments available at the main lodge, or select treatments are available at Koro Lodge
• Optional programmes for adults and/or children include rock art walks, nature drives, mountain biking, canoeing (with life jackets), hiking, fly fishing and archery.
Our chefs create a feast of culinary delights that range from fine dining to traditional - each dish made with produce picked from our own organically cultivated gardens.
• The Homestead: Offers intimate indoor and outdoor dining
• The Manor House and Bar & Deck: Dining under the gigantic Ficus Trees
• The River Boma: The perfect setting for sundowners or nightcaps in the moonlight
• Makana: For light lunches, high tea and romantic candlelit dinners
• Embers: Open air dining ‘under African skies’ in the reserve
• Kadoro: A secret dining location within the reserve for private dinners of up to 12 guests. Additional charge applicable and 24 hours notice required.
• Extraordinary Dining: A specially prepared picnic or braai menu served anywhere, anytime in the reserve. Additional charge applicable and 24 hours notice required.
Let nature be witness to your vows. Choose from the breathtaking settings within the reserve for your ceremony and reception. Leave all the arrangements to our personal wedding planner. We cater for weddings of up to 40 guests and offer special packages for wedding groups and honeymoon couples.
Conferences & Meetings
Strategy meetings, incentive groups and team building seminars take on a new depth when they’re held in nature’s playground. Choose a location within the reserve or utilize our conference room, which is equipped with state of the art equipment and all the extras. We can tailor-make programmes like raft building, survival games or riverside picnics for invigorating breakaway sessions and will adjust menus to cater for group requirements.
• Two Dual treatment rooms and 2 single treatment rooms with rain showers.
• Crystal Steam Room, maintained at a temperature of 42 - 45 ºC, moist aromatic heat with heated floors, walls and seats are provided. The main feature, a Rock Quartz Crystal, is known for its healing properties.
• Tranquility Lounge, a tranquil environment with relaxing lounge chairs to soothe the body and mind in between and after all spa treatments. Listen to music, read a magazine or book, meditate or enjoy a seasonal beverage.
• Health Bar, to enjoy healthy snacks and Rooibos Tea whilst you relax in the Tranquility Lounge or Spa Garden.
• Fitness Centre, with full range of cardio and resistance equipment.
• Heated outdoor jet pool set against a spectacular rocky backdrop.
• The Riverside Gazebo, a unique dual treatment room with exceptional panoramic views and tranquil waters, the ideal tranquil setting for any of the Touch Therapy treatments to be enjoyed with your partner. An additional surcharge is applicable for the reservation of the gazebo.
• Guided rock art excursions
• Sunset and evening nature drives
• Fynbos excursions
• Swimming in rock pools and near waterfalls
• Canoeing and fly-fishing
• Archery, painting and croquet
• Full and half day hiking and walking trails
• Running and jogging
• Mountain biking
• Stargazing and bird watching
• Early morning power walks and guided meditation
• Special interest presentations
Making a Difference
Bushmans Kloof is a National Heritage Site and the reserve provides a sanctuary for the rare Cape Mountain Zebra, and has been pivotal in replenishing endangered Clanwilliam cedars into the area. We work closely with the local communities, providing training, support and employment and purchasing their products for the lodge. We are also playing an instrumental role in the community by involving the local schools in a tourism and conservation project called Footprints for the Future.