About Bridgewater Manor
This elegant home offers warm hospitality and truly breathtaking views of the Knysna Lagoon and Heads. It is nestled against a hillside in the leafy suburb called Paradise, and is a 15 minute walk from town centre, restaurants and the Waterfront. Six tastefully decorated rooms all have own balconies - five with fantastic lagoon views, one overlooking the garden rich in birdlife.
Relax at the secluded saltwater pool, wander through the lush garden where you might spot the elusive Knysna Loerie, stroll to town, or take a short drive to pristine beaches, mystical forests, and world renowned golf courses. This is an area of unrivalled natural scenic beauty, and outdoor activities abound.
Bed & Breakfast:
The six tastefully decorated en-suite rooms are spacious and well equipped with TV (MNet, shared DSTV), tea / coffee facilities, ceiling fans, heaters, electric blankets, hairdryers, safes, adaptors and Wi-Fi. All rooms open onto their own balconies - five with magnificent lagoon views, while the sunny garden room is surrounded by flowering shrubs and birdsong. Three rooms have queen beds, the other twin beds. Twin beds can be comfortably converted to a king bed on request.
The honeymoon room has a big open-plan bathroom with double shower, double vanity, raised bath with view, and toilet behind closed door. The other rooms have conventional bathrooms with either shower, or bath and shower.
Self Catering Studio:
The studio offers light self-catering facilities with a microwave, fridge, toaster, and wash-up sink.
All rooms are non-smoking. Ashtrays are provided on patios for outdoor smoking. No pets.
• The breakfast room which is light and airy opens onto the main patio - enjoy a healthy continental and/or full English breakfast.
• Relax in the guest lounge or on the main patio, both of which have sweeping views of the lagoon. Browse through magazines or guide books on our beautiful Garden Route. Fireplace and games for winter or rainy days.
• A guest fridge for personal use and an honesty bar are available - enjoy sundowners on your own balcony or the main patio while watching the changing colours as the sun sets.
• Restaurant menus are on hand - we will gladly make dinner reservations and arrange for taxis. Most guests enjoy the 15 minute stroll in to the restaurants, but take a taxi back.
• Swimming pool - laze at the saltwater pool (beach towels available), or venture onto the lagoon in our canoes.
• Laundry service
• ADSL internet (Wireless and workstation)
• Secure on site parking
• Credit cards (Master/Visa)
This is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise - activities abound! We will gladly arrange any of the following: lagoon cruises, ferry trips to Featherbed Nature Reserve, dolphin and whale watching, canoeing, mountain biking, horse riding, guided hikes, windsurfing, scuba-diving, fishing on lagoon or deepsea. For the more adventurous there is sea kayaking, paragliding, skydiving, abseiling, kloofing / creeking, black-water tubing, bungy jumping and tree top canopy tours.
Many highly-rated golf courses which offer magnificent scenery lie within an easy drive: Pezula, Simola, Knysna (15 minutes), Goose Valley and Plett (40 minutes), Fancourt, George, Ernie Els’s Oubaai (1 hour), and Pinnacle Point (1 hour 15). Tee-off times and transfers can be arranged. Member rates are available for Pezula and Simola.
There are numerous wonderful day walks along coastal or forest trails. Maps and advice on hand.
Excellent game drives and close encounters with most of Africa’s Big Five are a 45 minute drive at most. Join a Township tour; visit the Knysna Elephant park, Wildcat Sanctuary, Birds of Eden or Monkeyland, a primate sanctuary in the forest. Or just spend a leisurely day soaking up the sun on pristine beaches, be pampered at one of many health spas, stroll through shops, sample Oysters at a tavern or more sophisticated restaurant, and watch the sun setting over the lagoon.
The eclectic charm of Knysna and the spectacular scenic beauty of the immediate area will keep you occupied for a number of days … and make a return visit imperative! The Wilderness, Nature’s Valley, Tsitsikamma National Park and Oudtshoorn with the Cango Caves and ostriches are an easy day trip from here.
Bridgewater Bed & Breakfast
See our 3-Star Bed & Breakfast in Knysna at Bridgewater Bed & Breakfast.