About Brevisbrook Bed & Breakfast
Enjoy the warmest hospitality in Pietermaritzburg as Patrick welcomes you to Brevisbrook. Guests feel most relaxed in this peaceful country style property set in lush surroundings overlooking indigenous trees and a bubbling stream. Brevisbrook is situated in a cul-de-sac in a quiet suburb of Pietermaritzburg only five minutes from the centre of the City.
Brevisbrook has been a leading Bed and Breakfast establishment for over 15 years in Pietermaritzburg and boasts a reputation for hospitality and friendliness and fully deserves its 4 Star grading by Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
Five welcoming air-conditioned double suites are available, all of which have their own private entrance. The suites are tastefully decorated and well appointed and have private bathrooms including bath and separate shower. Other facilities include easy chairs, TV and DSTV, overhead fans, heaters, electric blankets, hairdryer, radio alarm clock, wall safe and tea / coffee facilities.
Secure parking is on the property with remote controlled electronic gates. Other facilities include spacious lawns and a large sparkling swimming pool and a boma braai area under the trees at the stream. Wi-Fi is available. Laundry service. All credit cards welcome.
A full English style breakfast is personally served by your hosts in the diningroom. Breakfast offers a choice of fruit juices, stewed and fresh fruit; a selection of yoghurts and cereals; bacon, sausage, tomato, mushrooms or sauté potatoes with eggs to order; toast, tea and coffee.
Location & Attractions
Nearby are the Botanical Gardens, with a quality restaurant, Golf and Sports Clubs, Horse Racing, a Casino and Museums. There is a wide variety of good restaurants within 10 - 15 minutes of Brevisbrook. Brevisbrook is an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding areas.
• Take a 20-minute drive to the impressive Howick Falls (97m), known in Zulu as “The Tall One” and buy a souvenir from on of the many craft stalls located nearby.
• Explore the gentle rolling countryside of the KwaZulu Natal Midlands with its diverse range of experiences and a varied array of arts and crafts and restaurants.
• Marvel at the spectacular Drakensberg mountains (3000 m high), a pleasant two hour scenic drive away or alternatively take a tour up the magnificent Sani Pass to Lesotho for a unique experience. Stop at the highest pub in Africa
• Visit the Valley of a 1000 Hills nearby for an experience of African singing and dancing
• There are a number of beautiful beaches just over an hours drive away with safe swimming in the warm Indian Ocean
• A well stocked private Game Park is just 35 minutes away offering views of hippo, rhinos, giraffe, wildebeest, zebra and a lot of other species.
Location is vitally important whether on business or on holiday, so enjoy a comfortable, pleasant stay with us whether for one day or one week, either as a businessman or tourist or for sporting events, weddings and other functions etc.
Even the most committed workaholic will be able to fit in some fun! We look forward to hosting you!