About Bretton Beach Crest Holiday Cottages
Bretton Beach Crest resort consists of 9 comfortably furnished self catering beach cottages in a superb setting in the natural coastal dune forest, all within 100m of the beach and private from each other. Most of the cottages have lovely views and being on the beach front there are no busy roads to cross.
Each cottage has either a double bed or 2 single beds in the main bedroom, a double bunk for children in the second bedroom and 2 single beds in the lounge / dining area. The kitchen is extremely well equipped including double door fridge / freezer + microwave and a gas stove with oven. The bathroom has a shower over the bath and a separate toilet. Bed linen is provided but guests are required to bring their own toiletries, bath and kitchen towels. All cottages have a TV (with SABC channels + a satellite dish so bring your own standard decoder for full dstv), their own braai area and monitored security and there is a security gate at the entrance to the resort.
The setting is ideal for families with young children being so close to the beach and for those who like to get away from it all. There is a kiddies tidal pool in the rocks just in front, the children love the rock pools. You can walk along the beach for miles, collect shells, go fishing, enjoy the many species of birds around the cottages or on the beach, or simply relax on the veranda with a book.
Pets are allowed by prior arrangement with management. They must not be a threat to the small buck that live in the surrounding bush and be under control at all times. Whales are often seen from June to December as well as occasional schools of dolphin. Sun and moon rise over the sea can be spectacular.
Resident owners, Colin and Lee Howard are always available to assist when necessary. Our rates are very reasonable so give us a try. Family holidays are still affordable.
Attractions and Activities
• Port Alfred's beaches! - you can walk for miles or just sit and enjoy.
• Swimming - we are in a bay next to Kelly's blue flag beach, or enjoy our uncrowded beach.
• Boating, skiing on the Kowie River
• Surfing at East or Middle Beach
• Birding - more than 100 species have been recorded at the resort, many more on the beach and surrounding areas.
• Fishing - just in front of the cottages from the beach or rocks, at the river or organise a deep sea trip.
• Golf at the 18 hole Royal Port Alfred Golf Club or the nearby Fish River Sun golf course.
• Diving and snorkeling
• Horse riding on the beach or through a game reserve.
• Canoeing up the Kowie River or a number of other rivers close by.
• Dune boarding on dune in front of cottages or very high dunes at East Beach.
• Interesting drives along country roads - see game and historical sights.
• Sightseeing nearby includes Bathurst, Grahamstown, Kenton on Sea, Bushman's River Mouth
• Boknes with Dias' Cross and Kleinemond all within 60km.
• Near malaria free game parks like Addo Elephant National Park (150km) and Kariega, Pumba, Lalibela, Kwandwe, Shamwari, etc., all easily accessible for a day trip.
• All sporting activities like squash, tennis, bowls, croquet.
• Shopping, many restaurants and pubs.
Port Alfred lies halfway between Port Elizabeth and East London in the Eastern Cape (+- 150km each way on the R72), in the heart of the Sunshine Coast and Settler Country. The resort is situated approximately 3km from the Kowie River mouth and 3.5km from the town centre.