About Brenton on Sea Cottages
From the moment you arrive at Brenton on Sea Cottages you will be treated to the unspoilt surroundings, Brenton hospitality and thoughtful amenities, situated a mere 2 minute walk from the beautiful Brenton beach. Go home enriched with unforgettable memories and great stories to tell.
Brenton on Sea is situated on the scenic Garden Route coast line and nestles between the Indian Ocean and the hills of the Western Head of Knysna's Estuary, a 16 km drive from Knysna. It's the perfect base and safe haven from where you can explore the treasures of the Garden Route.
Self Catering Accommodation
Our accommodation includes self-catering chalets and semi self-catering cabins. The chalets have three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a lounge and a fully equipped kitchen. The cozy wooden cabins for couples consist of a bedroom, en-suite bathroom, semi self-catering kitchen and balcony.
Cabins for couples:
The cozy wooden cabin with own balcony has one double bedroom, en-suite shower bathroom, semi-self catering kitchen with a small fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, portable barbeque and deck chairs. There is no stove and no lounge.
Chalets for 4 - 6 people:
Well appointed thatched log chalets ideal for families and friends each with one double and two twin bedrooms, two bathrooms, a lounge and a fully equipped kitchen. Built in barbeques close to your front door with grids and garden chairs.
Chalets for 2 or 3 people:
Well appointed thatched log chalets ideal for families and friends each with one double and two single bedrooms, two bathrooms, a lounge and a fully equipped kitchen. Built in barbeques close to your front door with grids and garden chairs.
• All linen and bath towels provided (please bring beach towels)
• Daily housekeeping services
• Six DStv channels, SABC 1-2-3 and Etv
• Wi-Fi vouchers available
• Coffee / tea provided for the fist night
• Heater and extra blankets
• Iron and ironing board only in Chalets, not in Cabins
• Travel cot with bedding available upon request
• Swimming pool (not heated)
• Outside barbeque / braai facilities
• Shaded parking
• Convenience store
• Nautical South Restaurant
Activities and Attractions
• Brenton on Sea Beach Walk is an easy 4.54 km (one way) stroll to Buffalo Bay and takes around two hours. Enjoy breakfast or lunch at Buffalo Bay overlooking the ocean
• Come and enjoy some exciting rock and surf angling. Brenton boasts very popular angling spots like Castle Rock, Jaapse Bay and The Blokke
• There are several coves to the east of Castle Rock that invite exploration
• Fishermans Walk is a romantic and scenic cliff top path where schools of dolphins and whales are often spotted
• Paragliding is a popular pastime and tandems are available for those seeking adventure
• Lake Brenton provides a jetty and slipway for boats and canoes
Other Garden Route Activities:
The Knysna Elephant Park, Forest Walks, Birds of Eden, Monkeyland, Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre, Living Local Community Experiences, Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours, Cycle Tours, Deep Sea Fishing, Sailing, Whale and Dolphin Watching, Featherbed Nature Reserve and Lagoon Cruises. Info available at the Brenton Office.