Map showing Blue Bay Lodge
Directions to Blue Bay Lodge
From Cape Town International Airport
• Take the N2 towards Cape Town (map airport to N7).
• Take the off-ramp to N7, direction Malmesbury.
• Follow the N7 until you reach the M19 to Melkbos (map Cape Town - Saldanha).
• Go towards Melkbos until you reach a four-way robot (R27).
• Take a right and follow R27 to Veldrift (map Cape Town - Saldanha).
On your way to Saldanha Bay, which is about an hour's drive from Melkbos, you drive past some interesting places like the Koeberg Power Station, the one and only Nuclear Power Station in South Africa. You will also pass Darling, a small village renowned for their wild flower show in spring and the West Coast National Park and the private game park Buffelsfontein.
At the West Coast 1 Stop, an Engen petrol station, you are getting close to your destination. Past the station you take the second turning left towards Saldanha. From there you pass Saldanha Steel on your left, the only environmentally friendly steel plant in South Africa. The signs to Blue Bay Lodge are at the next turnoff left. From there just follow the signs.