Situated in the heart of the 100 year old town of Bredasdorp, Bloekomhuisie is a little historic gem. Offering simple self-catering with comfortable fittings, the traditional architecture contributes to this historic town’s quiet country atmosphere and idyllic lifestyle.
Self Catering Accommodation
Each of the two bedrooms are furnished with single beds (that can be converted to king size beds on request), and the bathroom has both a bath and shower.
A large fireplace in the kitchen warms the house and provides company while preparing meals in the kitchen. The kitchen is equipped with a fridge, microwave, oven and stove.
Linen and towels are provided. There is a TV with DStv. Remote controlled access and safe off-street parking is available. Wi-Fi access is also available.
• Indoor and outdoor braai facilities
• Kitchen facilities
• No smoking indoors
• Pets by arrangement
• Self catering
Bredasdorp is a quaint town in the Overberg (almost halfway between Arniston and Struisbaai). The town lies on the slopes of the Preekstoel Hill, amongst the giant proteas and wheat fields. Just 2.5 hours drive from Cape Town; it is a popular weekend getaway for the city dwellers.
• Visit the Shipwreck Museum and Kapula Candles Gallery in Bredasdorp
• Whale watching opportunities between May and October
• Visit L’Agulhas Lighthouse
• Bredasdorp has a nine hole golf course
• Visit Arniston, Kassiesbaai Fisherman’s Village and the Waenhuiskrans Cave
• Go to Elim for tea and cake and take a stroll around the old Moravian Church and the Geelkop Nature Reserve