About Bear's Cottage
Come and experience the ultimate luxury of our up market fully equipped self-catering unit at affordable rates.
Bear’s Cottage is situated in 16th Avenue, Gonubie, an increasingly popular holiday destination near East London. The Gonubie coastline and the Gonubie River mouth offer several suitable fishing spots for fishermen. The river and swimming beach are ideal for families with children. Gonubie is well known for the annual Surfer’s Marathon as well as the Half Iron Man Competition. The coastline also makes for great fishing in the winter months, especially during the Sardine Run.
We are situated right next to the golf course. Enjoy a relaxing drink on your private deck overlooking the sea. Bear’s Cottage is the perfect venue to stay for holidays or for a business trip. We do offer breakfast on request.
The self-catering unit with lounge, fully equipped kitchen, bedroom with en-suite bathroom and a double sleeper couch in the lounge. There is a private deck overlooking the sea. The open plan lounge / kitchen has DsTV and a sliding door opening up onto a deck, two sleeper couches, four plate stove, microwave and fridge freezer. Linen and towels are supplied. This unit has its own entrance, and under cover parking is available.
• Provided: towels (beach on request), bedding, full range of crockery, cutlery and glassware
• Kitchen equipment: toaster, kettle, two plate counter top stove, standard size fridge with freezer section and microwave oven, kettle.
• Tea / coffee available
• DSTV, M-Net and SABC 1, 2, 3 and ETV available
• En-suite bathroom: shower, basin and toilet (shower gel provided)
• Units are serviced every day
• Breakfast (only on request)
• Swimming Pool
• Gas Braai
• Washing and dry cleaning (available at an additional fee)
ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES
• Surfing at Gonubie Point and Black Rock
• Fishing deep sea, surf and river mouth fly fishing
• 15 minute drive to East London and the start of the Wild Coast Jikeleza Tourist Route
• Jikeleza route: Murambi roses, have a cup of tea amongst the roses and then cut a bunch yourself to take home.
• Michaelas Restaurant on top of the dunes at Cintsa East.
• Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve that serves meals to the public on Wednesday evenings.
• Lion Park where breeding of the valuable white lions takes place as well as an animal sanctuary and picnic spot.
• Mpongo Park Game Reserve which serves a magnificent Sunday Lunch overlooking the Hippo Pool.
• Four golf courses nearby (Gonubie 9 hole next door)
• Close to East London for business visitors.
• Dros and KFC two kilometres away.
As a visitor to Bear’s Cottage you will experience quick and efficient service and we are determined to make our guests feel at home.