About The Beach House Port Nolloth
“There is nothing between you and the Atlantic Ocean”
The Beach House, comprising of two separate units, is a luxurious 1870′s historical home that promises a unique stay in the picturesque town of Port Nolloth, which is known for its pristine beaches and fishing / diamond harbour.
Our home is one of the original wood and corrugated iron houses shipped in from Europe, later bricked and plastered on the outside while preserving the original character of the interior. With its unique position and wrap-around veranda, the home offers 180 degree panoramic views of the harbour and beaches where the diamond / fishing boats come in and out of the harbour.
The West Coast of Southern Africa also offers the most beautiful sunsets and the perfect backdrop for the watching of whales and dolphins.
Self Catering Accommodation
The House has three bedrooms, featuring a king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with a Slipper bath and double shower (both the bed- and bathroom have sea-views). The second bedroom is our Family Room which sports a double bed, and two triple bunk beds (ceilings are 3,6m in height). The third spacious bedroom has a double bed. The house’s second bathroom has a double shower and separate loo.
You will be spoiled with our facilities – they include one of our homes’ most sought after features; the covered veranda with built-in braai making it the perfect place to unwind after a day of sight seeing! In the house itself is a comfortable lounge with big couches and stunning sea-views. Walking through antique double doors, you'll enter a dining room that can seating twelve. The large, fully equipped kitchen has filtered water, a Smeg gas stove with electric oven, microwave and a table that seats eight people. Separate scullery features a washing machine, dishwasher and double door fridge / freezer.
The House is furnished in a combination of modern and antique style.
The spacious lounge has comfortable arm chairs and a couch which can be made into a king-size bed or two singles. Double doors lead you into a private garden. The cottage has an en-suite bedroom looking out on the garden with double bed, open plan dual showers and separate loo.
The kitchen has a huge built-in braai / fireplace and is fully equipped with a small two plate stove and oven, a washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer and fridge / freezer. It has a dining room table that seats four people. Other extras include a bathroom in courtyard with separate loo and a garage.
All linen and beach towels are supplied; serviced by prior arrangement an additional cost.
• Full DSTV + free Wi-Fi
• Restaurants and shops are within walking distance along the 1km raised wooden boardwalk with lookout points to sit and watch the whales, dolphins and shipwrecks.
• Anita's Tavern, famous for its seafood, an Italian restaurant with sea views and several other restaurants.
• Well stocked Spar shop, butcher and liquor stores.
• Fishing and diving gear available from the petrol station.
• Richtersveld tours arranged from Port Nolloth.
• Scenic drives to Alexander Bay, Orange River mouth for good fishing, flamingo and bird watching.
• Kleinzee mining, ship-wreck and seal colony tours.
• McDougall's Bay with its many safe bays protected by bird sanctuary islands ideal for swimming, snorkeling and canoeing. Kayaks and bicycles for hire.