Ambleside is located on the South Coast of KwaZulu Natal and only an hour's drive from Durban, in the picturesque and tranquil village of Umtentweni. We are 80 metres from a deserted beach and you can wake up to the sound of the Indian Ocean as you take a leisurely breakfast around the sparkling heated pool. The garden has a natural stream running through it that attracts the local wildlife.
Ambleside is away from the busy holiday resorts of the South Coast but everything is still very close, especially Port Shepstone Country Club with facilities for golf, tennis, squash and bowls. There are many other PGA listed golf courses in the locality. Shelly Beach is a 15 minute drive away with a cinema and shopping malls. A 35 minute drive away is the Wild Coast casino while inland there are the nature reserves Lake Eland and Oribi Gorge.
For the energetic there is deep sea surf and river fishing, world-ranked dive sites, hiking trails, kayaking, and local tennis and bowls clubs. The nearby Oribi Gorge boasts the highest swing in the world (33 storeys high) as well as abseiling, river rafting, mountain biking and hiking trails.
SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION
The East Wing:
The East Wing is a three story house and has recently been built with the highest quality finishes. On the ground floor is the main bedroom with en-suite toilet and basin. Also on the ground floor is the granite fitted kitchen and bathroom with walk in shower. The living room with 50 inch plasma TV is on the first floor while the second floor is an attic bedroom. The East Wing can accommodate up to ten people as long as you don't mind sharing rooms.
The North Wing:
The North Wing has a living room/kitchen with fridge/freezer, bathroom and two bedrooms. Ideally it can accommodate four people but two sleeper couches in the living room will also allow two more.
This was built in January 2015 to the highest standards. It consists of a studio apartment with a second room used as a living room or second bedroom. It can accommodate four guests but sleeper couches will allow up to seven. For those wanting privacy, you have your own garden.
All apartments have a flat screen satellite TV. We provide bed linen (except for the sleepercouches) but you have to bring your own towels. The kitchens are fully equipped with a gas hob, toaster, kettle and all kitchen utilities.
The swimming pool and Jacuzzi are heated with solar panels and there are braai facilities in the garden.
• Nine PGA ranked golf courses
• We have our own tennis and bowling clubs in our village
• Major shopping centres (Shelly Beach Centre and South Coast Mall)
• Scuba diving (Shelly Beach - 15km)
• Shark cage diving (Shelly Beach)
• Crocodile Farm (Scottburgh and Southbroom)
• Snake and Bird Park (15km)
• Cinemas at Shelly Beach Centre
• Port Shepstone Country Club (2kms) offers golf, tennis, squash, bowls, etc
• Oribi Gorge (25km) - nature reserve for animals and birds
• Lake Eland (30km) – nature reserve with lots of wildlife
• Oribi Gorge Adventure Centre for white water rafting, abseiling and tree swinging
• Butterfly farm (Ramsgate)
• Various markets
• Frolicking dolphin / whale safaris (Shelly Beach)
• Deep sea fishing
• Pony club (Sea Park)
• Wild Coast Casino (+-50km)