Welcome to Ambleside on SA-Venues.com, offering accommodation in Umtentweni, South Coast.
Ambleside is away from the busy holiday resorts of the South Coast but everything is still very close, especially Port Shepstone Country Club with facilities for golf, tennis, squash and bowls. There are many other PGA listed golf courses in the locality. Shelly Beach is a 15 minute drive away with a cinema and shopping malls. A 35 minute drive away is the Wild Coast casino while inland there are the nature reserves Lake Eland and Oribi Gorge.
For the energetic there is deep sea surf and river fishing, world-ranked dive sites, hiking trails, kayaking, and local tennis and bowls clubs. The nearby Oribi Gorge boasts the highest swing in the world (33 storeys high) as well as abseiling, river rafting, mountain biking and hiking trails.
SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION
The East Wing:
The East Wing has recently been built with the highest quality finishes and consists of two large bedrooms, one with an en-suite toilet and wash basin, a separate kitchen with granite work surfaces, washing machine and large fridge/freezer and a bathroom with a large walk in shower. There is no living room but the second bedroom has a TV, dining table and chairs and a two-sleeper couch. It can accommodate four people but the sleeper couch will allow two more.
The North Wing:
The North Wing has a living room/kitchen with fridge/freezer, bathroom and two bedrooms. Ideally it can accommodate four people but two sleeper couches in the living room will also allow two more.
Both the East and North Wings have a flat screen TV with a DVD player. Full DStv is provided. We also provide all bed linen and towels. Both kitchens are fully equipped with a gas hob, toaster, kettle and all kitchen utilities.
The swimming pool is heated with solar panels and there are braai facilities in the garden.
• Nine PGA ranked golf courses
• We have our own tennis and bowling clubs in our village
• Major shopping centres (Shelly Beach Centre and South Coast Mall)
• Scuba diving (Shelly Beach - 15km)
• Shark cage diving (Shelly Beach)
• Crocodile Farm (Scottburgh and Southbroom)
• Snake and Bird Park (15km)
• Cinemas at Shelly Beach Centre
• Port Shepstone Country Club (2kms) offers golf, tennis, squash, bowls, etc
• Oribi Gorge (25km) - nature reserve for animals and birds
• Lake Eland (30km) – nature reserve with lots of wildlife
• Oribi Gorge Adventure Centre for white water rafting, abseiling and tree swinging
• Butterfly farm (Ramsgate)
• Various markets
• Frolicking dolphin / whale safaris (Shelly Beach)
• Deep sea fishing
• Pony club (Sea Park)
• Wild Coast Casino (+-50km)
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)