About 68 on Vlei
68 on Vlei is situated on the edge of the village and has uninterrupted views of the mountains. At 68 on Vliei you have the benefit of the peace, quiet and beauty of the mountains, being right on the edge of the reserve, as well as convenient proximity to the charming village.
68 Vlei Street sleeps 6 people in spacious luxury. This is a 3 Bedrooms unit. The main bedroom is en-suite with a Queen bed. The other two bedrooms share a full bathroom. There is a Queen size extra length in the 2nd bedroom and two single beds in the 3rd bedroom.
• All linen provided
• Both bathrooms have toilets, bath, basin and shower. Towels and soap provided
• The two bedroom areas are in separate wings, separated by the living area which ensures privacy
• Open Plan lounge, dining and kitchen
• The kitchen is fully fitted and includes both gas stove and oven and a microwave / convection oven
• Basics are included, tea, coffee, sugar
• Large fire place in the lounge area. (wood provided)
• Large covered verandah - the lounge area opens on to the verandah by means of concertina doors providing lovely indoor / outdoor living
• Outside shower
• Security has recently been upgraded and offers peace of mind in this respect.
• A Weber (kettle barbecue) is available for your use
• ATMs only
• Village size supermarkets
• Bottle store & wine shop
• Post Office
• Church service
Activities & Attractions
Horse-Riding, Tennis, Hiking (unique fynbos environment), Swimming in the River, Bird Watching, Whale watching in Hermanus (one to one and a half hour away); or just relaxing with your book and binoculars on the shady verandah.
If Gambling is your thing, there is a Casino about 20minutes in Caledon and Golf Courses at Hermanus, Kleinmond Arabella or Theewater’s kloof all in easy travelling distance from one to one and half hours away.
Every Saturday morning the Greyton Market, an institution in itself, can be found on the village square in front of the Dutch Reform Church. Home bakes and cakes, jams, pickles, cheeses, collectables and other delights merit arriving at “opening” time 10.00am and stocking up for your week-end. Further information regarding Restaurants, Delis etc is provided in a guests’ file in the house.
Greyton, even for its apparent sleepiness turns itself into a wonderful venue for all sorts of events. From hosting one of the stop-over nights for the gruelling mountain biking Cape Epic, to Rose shows, Musical week-ends and more there is much to attract one if you ever need a reason to get there. For up-to-date information on up-coming events please go to the Greyton Tourism website.
Greyton lies nestled at the foot of the magnificent Riviersonderend (River without end) mountains in the region of the Cape Overberg. Its very centrally situated and easily accessible from Cape Town, Hermanus, Villiersdorp, and other Overberg Villages. This region, which lies on the eastern side of the Cape is very beautiful at any time of the year, with rolling hills and wheat fields, grand mountains and exquisite vistas. Greyton, often called the “jewel of the Overberg” is a unique village offering year round activities and peace and tranquillity suitable for a week-end stay or longer.