About 33 La Mer
33 La Mer is a sea facing, luxury two bedroom, two bathroom apartment, situated just 30 minutes south of Durban in the quiet, unspoiled coastal village of Illovo Beach. The town sits on the Illovo River, first christened ‘iLovo’ by the Zulu’s after the mlovo trees that grew on its banks. La Mer is on a four kilometre stretch of unspoiled coastline, where the beach is a very short walk away.
Self Catering Accommodation
This 2-bedroom, two bathroom unit sleeps a maximum of four guests in one double bedroom (en-suite) and one twin bedroom. The unit features a spacious open plan kitchen, dining and living area. The main bedroom and lounge have direct access to a wide terrace with 180° sea view, outdoor furniture and a gas barbecue.
• Has direct beach access through a private gate just a mere minutes' walk from the apartment
• It offers excellent beachfront fishing, safe swimming in shark net protected waters, blissful sunbathing and endless sandcastle building opportunities for the kids
• The lagoon at the mouth of the Lovu River is a haven for bird watching and canoeing
• La Mer is well maintained with beautiful gardens and an inviting swimming and kiddies pool with barbecue facilities and a club house
• The complex has 24-hour security
• There is reserved undercover parking for one vehicle, plus ample open parking for visitors
• The main highway is five minutes' drive away offering easy access to some of South Africa's top game parks, dive sites, nature reserves, golf courses and other coastal attractions.
The South Coast of KwaZulu Natal boasts sub tropical forests, lagoons, clean beaches and mysterious rocky coves, all begging to be explored. This coastline is much quieter than the lively Durban hub and buzzing Golden Mile, but the myriad city attractions are a mere half hour drive away.
There are a number of attractions to visit here including, the Valley of a Thousand Hills, the breathtaking Drakensburg Mountains, iSimangaliso (formerly the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park), Zululand, a choice of world-famous game reserves, the Midlands Meander or a tour through the Zulu battlefields.
This area’s wonderful climate, hot in summer and comfortably mild in winter, makes it a popular holiday destination all year round.