About 2 La Mer
Light and breezy does it in this beautiful beach side holiday apartment on the KwaZulu Natal South Coast. If you are looking for the perfect beach setting with soft sand and a warm ocean on your doorstep, the South Coast offers all these things and so much more.
Self Catering Accommodation
2 La Mer is a luxury two bedroom, two bathroom apartment, with sweeping views of the sea situated on the tropical east coast just 30 minutes south of Durban in the quiet, unspoiled coastal village of Illovo Beach.
The town sits on the Illovo River, first christened ‘iLovo’ by the Zulu’s after the mlovo trees that grew on its banks. La Mer is on a four kilometre stretch of unspoiled coastline, where the beach is a very short walk away.
Apartment Facilities Include:
• Fully furnished with one double (en-suite) and one twin bedroom
• Features a spacious open plan kitchen-dining-living area
• The main bedroom and lounge have direct access to a wide terrace with a side sea view, outdoor furniture and a gas barbecue
• Has direct beach access through a private gate just a mere minutes' walk from the apartment
• Offers excellent beachfront fishing, safe swimming in shark net protected waters, blissful sunbathing and for the kids, endless sandcastle building opportunities
• The lagoon at the mouth of the Lovu River is a haven for bird watching and canoeing
• La Mer is well maintained with lush gardens and an inviting swimming pool and kiddies pool with barbecue facilities and a club house
• The complex has 24-hour security
• There is reserved basement parking for one vehicle, plus ample open parking for visitors
The main coastal highway is just five minutes' drive away offering easy access to some of South Africa's top game parks, dive sites, nature reserves, golf courses and other coastal attractions.
The South Coast boasts sub tropical forests, crystal clear lagoons, clean beaches and rocky coves, all begging to be explored. This coastline is much quieter than the lively Durban hub and buzzing Golden Mile, but the myriad city attractions are a mere half hour drive away.
Importantly, this area’s wonderful climate, deliciously hot in summer and comfortably mild in winter, makes it a popular holiday destination all year round.