About 111 Cradock Street
111 Cradock Street is a restored classic Karoo cottage which boasts national monument status. Situated in Cradock Street (often described as ‘a mile and 230 years of history, being full of historic houses), but within a short walking distance of Parsonage Street and other central areas, museums and restaurants, this cottage is an ideal and comfortable base for a visit to the town
Self Catering Accommodation
Accommodation is offered in two bedrooms; one with a King-size double bed and one with two single beds. Both bedrooms have en-suite full bathrooms (bath and shower facilities).
There is a fully-equipped kitchen, a separate dining room and sitting room and an outside patio/garden area. There is also a safe off-street covered carport with remote-controlled gate access.
• Air conditioning
• Satellite TV
• Safe parking – off street
• Weber braai (charcoal, fire lighters etc supplied)
Things to do while in Graaff-Reinet
• Enjoy the breath taking views on top of the Valley of Desolation in Camdeboo National Park and watch the sun go down over the Plains of Camdeboo
• Experience life as it was in the 1800’s with a visit to Reinet House, Old Residency Museum, Urquhart House and the Military Museum. The Black Acorn grapevine planted by Charles Murray in 1870 is still growing at Reinet House!
• Admire the architecture of the Dutch Reformed Church (Groot Kerk), Drostdy Hotel, Stretch’s Court and the cottages in the town
• Visit the Hester Rupert Art Museum
• Taste our famous Karoo lamb and enjoy our hospitality at one of the town’s cosy restaurants
• If here in December, the Christmas Lights in Acacia Street offer a memorable festive season for all. Come and join in with the festivities and walk the street in this secure community