About 10 Parsonage Street
10 Parsonage Street is one of the most charming and historically significant of the cottages in Graaff Reinet’s picturesque Parsonage Street. The cottage has recently been fully-restored and offers self catering accommodation.
Self Catering Accommodation
The cottage has three bedrooms all of which are furnished with double beds and all have en-suite bathroom facilities. One with a shower and the other two bathrooms have small bath / combined shower arrangements.
There is a fully equipped kitchen, a separate dining room and a sitting room. Externally, there is a substantial paved patio / entertainment area with table and chairs – this area has a built in braai facility and a historic Cape bread oven. The cottage is furnished with several Cape country antiques and prints.
• Air conditioning
• Satellite TV
• Safe parking – off street
• Weber braai (we supply all charcoal, fire lighters etc)
It is ideally situated for the town’s extensive museums and other facilities. Several good restaurants are within a short walking distance.
Activities in Graaff Reinet
• Explore the Valley of Desolation in Camdeboo National Park
• Braai or picnic in Camdeboo National Park and enjoy the game viewing en route to your site
• Visit Reinet House, the Old Residency Museum, Urquhart House and the Military Museum. The Black Acorn grapevine planted by Charles Murray in 1870 is still growing at Reinet House!
• Enjoy the artwork at the Hester Rupert Art Museum
• Indulge in Karoo lamb, venison and great Karoo food at one of the town’s cosy restaurants
• Check out the biggest Cacti collection on the planet and walk the fascinating succulent plant labyrinth at Obesa Nursery
• Take time out to enjoy films and live shows at the historical John Rupert Theatre
• Experience authentic Karoo farm life on a working guest farm in the area