Eating Out in DarlingDarling Brew Tasteroom & Brewery
Where? 48 Caledon Street, Darling, Cape West Coast, Western Cape
When? Please enquire.
How? Call +27 (0)21 286-1099
Darling Brew is a microbrewery that combines award-winning beers with a commitment to conservation. This microbrewery was established in 2010 and has earned acclaim for its craft beers; the success of which is based on their fresh ingredients and a slow brewing process. Each beer is unique, like the endangered animal that it represents and supports by means of donations to a number of conservation programmes.
These beers are available for tasting in the Tasteroom at the brewery, and can be purchased at approved outlets around South Africa. The following beers are on offer:
• Slow Beer (4%, geometric tortoise) – a rich, golden beer that is distinctly hoppy, with a bitter aftertaste.
• Sun Gazer (2.6%, sungazer aka giant girdled lizard) – a light lager with gentle floral undertones.
• Blood Serpent (5%, secretary bird) – this is a Hallertauer Mittelfrüh dry hop lager with a spicy characteristic. Interestingly, this is the first carbon-neural beer in the country.
• Gypsy Mask (4%, roan antelope) – spicy and hoppy, this is a rusty brown beer that will make an impression.
• Black Mist (5%, Verreaux’s eagle) – a black ale that is characterised by its roasted flavour and irresistible smoothness.
• Rogue Pony (5%, plains zebra) – a mild pale ale with tones of straw and honey, making it particularly easy to drink and enjoy.
• Thunder Bird (6.5%, southern ground hornbill) – an Indian pale ale with delightful citrus notes.
• Warlord (9%, black rhino) – a smooth Imperial Indian pale ale that is very flavoursome and has a generous hoppy note.
• White Bird (5.2%, white albatross) – another Indian pale ale, this has undertones of coriander and orange zest. It is a dry hop melon fermented top pale ale.
• Silver Back (4%, honey badger) – a new black wheat styled beer, this has a silky sensation and a smooth descent.
• Bone Crusher (5.2%, spotted hyena) – a very refreshing beer with a spicy candied orange smell and taste, and a bitter finish.
There are also some wonderful specialty and collaborative beers that are a must for those wanting something exciting, fresh and new to try.
The Darling Brew Tasteroom & Brewery offers visitors the perfect opportunity to tour the state-of-the-art brewery, watch the microbrewery in action, sample the produce and enjoy these with top-notch food from the restaurant. All of the meals are prepared using fresh ingredients and innovation. In addition, there is the ideal beer for each meal to maximise your enjoyment of both.
Darling is a small farming town that oozes charm, and is only about 75 kilometres from Cape Town in the Western Cape.