Things To Do in ConstantiaPurple Wine Tour
Where? Buses leave the Two Oceans Aquarium bus stop, at the V&A Waterfront, from 09h00 on the Blue route.
When? Please enquire.
How? Call +27 (0)21 511-6000
How much? Price on request
The Purple Wine Tour is a free extension of the Cape Town Blue Mini Peninsula City Sightseeing bus (more commonly know as the hop-on-hop-off bus).
It explores a few of the wine estates in the Constantia Valley, that form part of the Constantia Valley wine Route, one of the oldest wine-growing regions in Southern Africa, hailing back to the late 1600s.
Buses leave the Two Oceans Aquarium bus stop, at the V&A Waterfront, from 09h00 on the Blue route.
The Purple wine tour does three wine stops: Beau Constantia Wine Estate, Groot Constantia Wine Estate and Eagles' Nest Wine Farm.
Whilst the tour is free there are entrance fees and charges for wine tastings, and Beau Constantia is open only from Wednesday to Sunday, so plan ahead. In particular, leave plenty of time to add the Purple Wine Tour to your day, as there is plenty to do.
This is what you can expect:
Groot Constantia Wine Estate
• walk the vineyards at your own pace
• visit the historical manor house
• taste wine and also enjoy a guided tour through the wine cellar
• lunch at Jonkershuis
Eagles' Nest Wine Farm
• sample different varieties of wine that include a Viognier, Shiraz and Merlot
Beau Constantia Wine Estate
• taste one of the three wines of this boutique wine estate: Viognier; a Sauvignon Blanc, Semillion, Viognier blend; a Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petit Verdot blend.