Things To Do in RichmondWhite Water Rafting with Liquid Adventures
Where? Hella Hella, approximately 22km from Richmond
When? Please enquire.
How? Call +27 (0)82 494-5660
How much? Price on request
Why not come and White Water River raft in 2-man inflatables called Crocs on the Umkomaas River. You'll cover about 14kms and in between 3 & 4 hours. Perfect for the complete novice or an excellent time at a stag party!
Rafting in an inflatable 2 man canoes, can prove to be more adventurous & fun than ever imagined - not only negotiating the twist and turns, but also mastering the rapids, whilst enjoying the astonishing views along the quieter sections of the river.
A typical Single day would be as follows :
• Meet at Hella Hella (22kms from Richmond) at around 9am.
• After the safety briefing, paddling demo, you get kitted up and you will cover about 8 kms of class 2 & 3 rapids – taking about 2 - 3 hours
• Then (depending on water levels & level of experience on the group) we continue on for another 2 kms encountering the notorious No.1 rapid.
• You will also be given the opportunity to do some Zip-lining & rock jumping during the trip (at Hella Hella)
What to bring :
• River shoes or takkies
• Baggies / costume & Long sleeve rash vest (if you have) for the sun
• Towel & sun screen
• Sense of humour
This adventure is fine for complete novices who have NEVER even paddled before.
We can basically take trips on any day – weekdays or weekends, as long as there is sufficient water in the river, and we have at least 4 people for that trip.