Things To Do in NewtownMarket on Main
Where? Art On Main, 264 Fox Street, corner of Berea and Main, Newtown, Johannesburg
When? Every Sunday from 10h00 to 15h00.
How? Call +27 (0)11 334-2493
How much? Free to browse
Maboneng Precinct launches “Food + Design” every Sunday at Arts On Main. Jacques van der Watt and Bradley Kirschenbaum, the design duo behind the Black Coffee and Love Jozi labels have added “Market on Main” to their repertoire and bring together the best Gauteng has to offer on a weekly basis.
The Jozi public can look forward to fine food, design products, local farmers, seasonal items, gourmet goods, plants and herbs, fresh produce, cut flowers, organic producers and independent beers. Down the road from Arts on Main but still part of the Maboneng Precinct, The Bioscope, Joburg’s independent cinema house will be screening kids content so that parents can shop, browse and relax at their own leisure while their children are being entertained and looked after.
Some more on the people that you can expect to see there each Sunday:
• Jozi(Un)cooked (Raw and vegan food)
• Troyeville Hotel (Breakfast fritatas and Prego rolls)
• Starving Artist (Health affordable meals and snacks)
• Made by Miss Poppysocks (fashionable baked goods)
• Bakerella by the Cupcake Factory (50's style treats)
• Little Addis (Ethiopian food and coffee)
• Kelly's Revenge (homemade fresh chillies)
• Ikhofi (Fresh, roast dated beans and perfectly brewed coffee)
• Monaghan Farm (Organic vegetables)
• Wholesome Pancakes (Sweet and savory pancakes)
• Parea Express (Meze, souvlaki in pita, baklava yoghurt and other Greek delectable’s)
• van der Poel Farming (Authentic Dutch cheese)
• Gloss Flower Couture (Exotic potted orchids and bespoke bouquets)
• Pultritude (A selection of south African fashion and accessories)
• Inde-genus (Sustainable local design and fashion)
• BeKind (Hand drawn illustrations on fine bone china and 100% recycled wrapping paper)