Things To Do in GeorgeOuteniqua Farmer’s Market
Where? George, Garden Route
When? Open every Saturday.
How much? Free to browse
Home to 80 food and craft stalls, the Outeniqua Farmer’s Market is hoping to put George back on the tourism map.
With food and lifestyle trends leaning towards organic food, provenance of food and handmade goods, the market offers a variety of farm fresh produce; artisan products; handmade goods; fruit; vegetables; dairy and cheese; biltong; speciality foods; gourmet meals and a plethora of food goods to pack into your basket for home.
The market offers:
• Beef products
• Berries from various farms in the area
• Biltong and biltong products
• Chocolate crafts
• Cut flowers and fynbos
• Dried fruit
• French breads
• Fresh fruit juices
• Fruit and vegetables
• Gourmet foods as featured at the World Culinary Fest
• Ice cream
• Organic chicken and eggs
• Over fifty cheeses
• Potato-based foods and snacks
• Separate nooks for coffee and breakfast
• Soft serve ice creams
• Specialised foods, including vegetarian and seafood, as well as meat from a German vleischmeister
• Tea from around the world (this is the one exception where the product was not sourced from the George area, but reflects the superb quality of the teas on sale)
• Traditional baked products (koeksisters, melktert, etc)
• World cuisines, including Greek, Thai, Indian, Lebanese, Israeli and South African Yoghurt
The Outeniqua Farmer’s Market is designed for convenience and entertainment in mind. There is parking for over 1200 vehicles, with entertainment happening in every nook and cranny of the market, perfect for the whole family. Be wowed by comedians, singers, bands and other entertainers while you shop and relax.
With tons of undercover space, the market is open in all weather conditions.
Children can take part in activities and dogs are even welcome!